Thanks, I sent you an email.
Is someone working on Linux Port right now?
Yes, I know you are not able to release Beta. As I heard even on Windows the performance is not great, so I can understand it.
The question is, is someone working on it or are you going to start porting after the game is finished?
Probably the same Q. could be for Mac and consoles port.
No answer is an answers as well.
I don’t want to ask for refund, because I believe in this game and his Linux port, but your approach to inform Linux bakers is totally wrong.
If I do not get beta, I would like to see some weekly updates about the progress. You could write what you do, what are the issues, maybe someone could help you find a solution
I asked for linux again.
There will be an announcement on E3(June14-16th).
Warhhorse is in the moment like Fort Knox. No infos slip away…
Why is that though? We used to hear from them all the time, a lot of people myself included miss that.
its going to kill the solid fan base we have.
Is there a fixed date for the release of the Linux version ? Thanks a lot.
No, there is no fixed date for any version yet.
So emails I exchanged with support back in March said: “You will get a clear information about this topic on E3.”
It’s now E3, are we getting our information soon? When will we find out whether or not there’ll be a Linux version?
E3 has come and gone, when can we expect information about the Linux release of the beta? Is the full release still going to be simultaneous across Linux, OSX, and Windows as promised?
I backed this project at the Baron level in early 2012 with the understanding that Linux was being treated as a first-class platform equal to Windows, not a secondary one to port to later. Nearly four and a half years later, having been ignored totally ignored for the Alpha and passed over for simultaneous release of the Beta, that has clearly not been the case. Frankly, while the game still looks like a lot of fun, I make a point of not supporting projects which don’t support my OS and would not have backed it at all had I known what I know now. I don’t see the point in asking for money back like some others have, but some sort of compensation for - or at least public acknowledgement of - missed targets would certainly be nice.
Yes, we wanted to have an answer on this question on E3, but unfortunately we still don´t have it.
Right now our focus is on the core game development for PC and Consoles, and we are very tight in scheduling here. Linux and Apple might unfortunately not happen on day 1 of release, but we don´t know about any details yet and we are sorry that we are not able to give a more specific answer yet.
N[quote=“DrFusselpulli, post:71, topic:22138, full:true”]
Yes, we wanted to have an answer on this question on E3, but unfortunately we still don´t have it.Right now our focus is on the core game development for PC and Consoles, and we are very tight in scheduling here. Linux and Apple might unfortunately not happen on day 1 of release, but we don´t know about any details yet and we are sorry that we are not able to give a more specific answer yet.
From what you say in this post, I don’t see how simultaneous release of Windows, macOS and Linux could be possible. Perhaps it’s time to admit it and not look devious and evasive.
I backed this for the macOS version, but have no hope of that ever being produced now.
While I agree that with the comments presented a simultaneous release for Winx64, PS4, XB1 looks likely, but MacOS and Linux have requirements that differ sufficiently to delay their completion… however, the statement does indicate that the plan does still include a release for these platforms once the time restriction for the first release window is relaxed.
I take that at its face value. A release, but a little delayed.
I’ve seen no evidence of a macOS or Linux release, I’ve seen evidence of the developers not being able to meet their plans, so I’m not sure why I should believe them just because they say so.
Define “a little”. We’ve not seen the beta yet.
It was a month since E3, another update came without any substantial info for linux and mac backers. Is it the time to request a refund? Because I don’t really know what I’m waiting for right now. How much time do you need to finalize decision about linux and mac release and when will you be able to say for sure will or won’t it ever happen (and how long will it take)? I am complete ignoramus in PR but it sure is dishonorable move towards linux and mac minority not to address the issue publicly in kickstarter updates.
More than one year passed…can we please have some info about the linux version?
If you continue not to provide any info or if you decided not to support linux after having promised it on kickstarter, can you please at least tell us how can we get a refund?
Thank you very much.
Why did I back this?
Because you can?