Will there be ...children?

Basicly if Children are to be included then I’d preffer 100% realism when potential dangers/death is concerned, if that’s not the case then I’d rather not have them in game.

If they are part of the game and ‘immortal’ then at least make it so they can not get you in trouble, nothing worse then a immortal snitch fresh out of swaddeling bands getting you in trouble with the law.

1 Like

Simple.

1. Make children immortal.
    2a) Rely it on single “well-hidden” command (for ex. [KILL_CHILD: 0]) within game files.
    2b) Still build game on the concept that children can die (yeah, coding it will be a pain in the arse).
  2. Leave it to modders.
2 Likes

Children and dogs are imperative for any rural medieval setting imo. I wan’t children and dogs, and a lot of them. If I can kill them or not is utterly irrelevant for me.

1 Like

It’s a fair point and a good idea but not all of us are buying this for PC. Not wishing to get into a debate about whats better I have played both Consol and PC (still got all my old PC games, love both but as it stands I can’t currently (nor have I ever) afford the money it takes to have a gaming PC, even a half decent one. So untill that time most of my games will be consol based.

1 Like

I guess I am playing this game as soon as a mod comes out?

1 Like

A lot of people seem to forget that this is a GAME. Its not a simulator even, its a game with the promise of a realistic depiction of medieval Bohemia with a fictional story.

There will be limits what can be done, and there should certainly limits on what should be done. Making children unkillable only feels right to me, and it makes sense because of all the hate this game would get otherwise.

Besides, we all know the modders will be stepping in on it right quick.

They should put a code that is easy to trigger on (Changing False to True in a game file, etc.) that would activate the ability to kill the younger NPCs. I personally wouldn’t kill the children but this would satisfy almost everyone (Unless even having an easily changeable file is illegal or would still be banned in countries).

1 Like

don’t worry if they have children that you can’t kill, there will be a mod to let you kill them. I can almost guarantee this.

No we are not forgetting it’s a game at all, in fact we are very much thinking about realistic game play.

I have played many games and ‘immortal’ characters no matter what form they take just spoil it, if the need to be made ‘immortal’ then they don’t really serve any purpose in the game other than slight asthetics.

Making anything unkillable and putting it in a game feels wrong and a pointless waste of time and game devleopment to me. There have been far far worse games out there, moraly lax ect. and despite the hate they have sold. As many peopel have pointed out killing is moraly worng period, so why argue the toss that it’s so much worse and repugnat for a child NPC to be killed in a game than and adult when in reallity there is no differeance, a life has no less meaning or worth just because they happen to be an adult.

That whole moral argument, that killing a NPC child is far worse, is moot as one can not place more or less value and importance on a life (even in a game) purly based on age and youth.

Whilst personal views on the idea is bound to be different for people, I still think that making killing children a possibility, especially in a open-world game, to be pretty condemning. Especially for such a young company on their first game, for that matter. It’d be much to handle. Either way you look at it, I doubt its going to happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you name some games like that you mentioned there? Can’t personally think of any, at least none that sold.

Depend on the age of ‘young’ companion, persoanly I’d stick an 18 on a game like this, thus warning people it’s gonna not be suitable for younger folks. I have a nephew who is 9 and is allowed to play Assasins Creed which has a rating of 15, not happy with that personaly but than I’m not his mum or dad.

Well in my personal opinion, games like Custores Reveng, because the whole aim of te game was to kill Native American and then rape a female native tied to a totem pole; and Manhunt purly because it was about a man who was ‘forced’ to stalk hun and kill people for the purpose of snuff films.

The difference is for me in regards to the slaughtering adults and children, is that in the context of a Medieval game like this RPG it fits with what we know happened at the time, it’s historicly accurate, as sad as it is.

Now I am not saying that the charater should just be able to go up to a NPC, be it a child, adult or chicken; and kill them for no reason and then not be punished appropriatly, after all our ‘hero’ is not high up in Medieval society, he’d have no strings to pull to get away with it. The accurate crime and punishment part of what I am looking forward to ‘testing out’ in the game, I want to see what happens if I act like a bit of a git, see how far I can push things before my head, rightly so, ends up on a spike and my genitals stuck up a tree some where in Rutland. :slight_smile:

Check out Machinima’s top Ten Offensive games on Youtube, or indeed just type in ‘Offensive Computer games’ into Youtubes serch bar, there are plenty of vids on there.

Anyway in this particular the have a small selection, but don’t mention every single offensive game ever made obviously otherwise it’d not be a ‘top ten’ vide, they acctually refer to manhunt but have not included it in this partcular video.

Some they mention where made independantly, but there are at leas three that where made by games companys and sold. I would copy and paste it for you but I have no comp and am using Xbox to go in the internet…and its a pain in the backside.

It would be nice if children ingame would be “mortal” but could have some kind of friend mechanic like lowering your weapon (half life 2 has this I believe) but still letting them die from stray arrows, run over by a horse or any other lethal physics stuff (like things falling on them).
If they turn out to be immortal there will most likely be mods anyway =P

Ow, I mean ‘company’, as in Warhorse. :wink: Controversy for such a new company can be rough I imagine.

Not quite heard of these two games, but I must imagine games like that are fairly underground titles and not half as big investments as Kingdom Come is.

Thats my opinion on the matter, but I’m personally not too concerned that it’ll be included in the final game anyway. For, maybe amongst other things, aforementioned reasons.

Ahh right, my bad.

Acctually Custrors evenge and Manhun where not underground games they where sold for the main consols at the time, they where also exspensive, in fact I remember Manhunt being in the shops

That’s the best post in this thread I’ve seen so far.
The characters personality should prevent the killing in a manner mentioned before (like lowering the weapon if you’re aiming at a child, dodging if you’re riding “accidentally” over them). It wouldn’t break the atmosphere at all, imho.
However children could still be killed be other NPCs if it is reasonable for the morals of this time.

Call me hypocrite but I never knew the kids in Skyrim were invincible until I saw the mod on Nexus. As I see it, people want children to be killable because they intend to try to harm or kill them at some point. But that makes no sense in context of the story or your characters background.

btw I would really like to have the option to poo in front of guards :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Are there, though? I know Dan in another post was fielding options for killable NPCs, indicating he was open to EVERY NPC being killable. So it seems either there’s no child NPCS or they’re going for ‘immortal’ NPCs (which if done incorrectly absolutely ruin immersion. Since when did children become gods?).

since killing them wasn’t included in the scope of the game. call it a ratings or a pr thing, but i’ll bet it’s also an aesthetic and game design thing. killing children simply isn’t very interesting and adds nothing to the game.

this whole emphasis on random violence and mass murder isn’t a sign of freedom or realism in a game, look at the types of games that allow it, they’re almost always quite cartoony.

Or they could just add an option if children are killable or not.

Small hint. GTA also successfully doesn’t use child NPC’s because of several reasons. We aren’t sure how we will handle it yet, but that’s an important thing to think about.

1 Like