Will there be ...children?

Yeah, of course, we need the layered clothing system and different hand-polished heads for children too. On top of that there should be
three age stages:
5-,
10- &
15-year-olds
I think this should suffice and will be a good representing.
Also, it seems feasible.

3 Likes

Yeah
 a nice range of ages from babies to toddlers to kids to teens would be nice and believable.

2 Likes

Dude, we’re just discussing a topic. There is nothing wrong with that and there is certainly no need to end this discussion.

2 Likes

Ah man! Maybe the modding community will add killable children.

1 Like

While I agree with the people saying that killable children will cause this game to be buried under a shitstorm so big it will take a group of dedicated miners to retrieve it, and while I do not plan on killing kids even in a game, I must wonder how I can make the moral choice of not killing a kid (when the act would benefit my cause) when the game forbids it.

Aside from that, when is someone a child in a medieval situation?
After you killed the enemy spy and his wife (perfectly valid targets), their twelve year old son draws a dagger and comes at you with understandable murder in his eyes. Is he a kid or an enemy?
At what age do you stop being an untouchable child and become a full person in 15th century Czech society?

3 Likes

Children should be in the game to keep it as realistic as possible. Killing them though, will most likely have to be turned off due to stupid countries like Australia where it would be banned. (Yes I live there :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Truthfully it would probably get a lot of flack in America too
 TV news would try to sensationalize it and that would lead to politicians and bureaucrats making speeches
 and its probably just more trouble than its worth.

Truthfully
 I hope they just treat situations like this in a realistic way (i.e. people run away from you, barracade their doors, or choose to beat the crap out of you in mob form.) We shouldn’t be able to just stroll into a town and kill everyone.

2 Likes

The idea of Childhood is our modern concept. In middleages there were no children at all. All people were treated like adults in age [0
death]. Their dressess were adults as well etc. So, it is an answer for the question “in which age people become adult”.

“Ariùs argues that childhood was not understood as a separate stage of life until the 15th century, and children were seen as little adults who shared the same traditions, games, and clothes.”[3]

"The notion that children deserve special protection and treatment did not exist at this time. Children could be punished, and frequently were, for social transgressions with the same severity that adults were.

Families of the 1600s and 1700s may have valued children for their role in inheritance, but children clearly didn’t elicit the same kind of sentiment that they elicit from adults today"
http://www.sagepub.com/newman6study/resources/childhood.htm

1 Like

Not really. Boys were considered man when their pubic hair or beard started to grow ang girls were considered women when they got ability to give birth.

1 Like

Can’t they just follow the Skyrim example and have children present but they can’t be killed/harmed?

Children will be in game. It was said many times already.

And thats the best solution. Of course it would add to the authencity of the game if we were able to kill children, but I want to be able to buy this game and have it supported (maybe via steam) and for that, such thing must be avoided (sad that my government decides what is too brutal for me to see and what not - such a free world we live in
).

1 Like
4 Likes

my opinion is: its ok if there is no children, if there is, is good if they could do things like thiefing, ask money but also because its medieval times there is no many children, because they died these times very young

1 Like

I disagree children dying earlier means they need to have even more of them so atleast some will live to grow up. And since the average person didn’t reach such a high age even if they lived through childhood, the percentage of children would be relatively high.

Also I think someone up there posted around 50% of the population were under the age of 18.

Completely disagree with you! Having the Skyrim model is the WORST possible thing to happen in Deliverance.

Agreed. Even if I don’t get why there is this much of discussion over it. Just because they [children] aren’t as old as other humans, they shouldn’t get harmed? I don’t get this ethics, or society-based attitude or what ever it is.

1 Like

Not really. Worst possible thing would be not having them at all.

1. IF they’ll be immortal you will be able to mod it. (And I propably wouldn’t even bother to do it. I never tried kill kid in Skyrim)
  2. Not having children at all would make world look really weird. Far from immersive and realistic.
1 Like

I swear I’ve read them saying that “You won’t be able to kill kids” like a whole bunch by this point. So its not really an issue of whether or not it’ll be possible anymore.

I agree with the posts stating that if there are to be children in the game they should be like any other NPC in game and they should be able to be felled by a strike of a sword just as any other living being would within the game.

Like many others I am, not a sick pshyco who wants to hunt down children for kicks, I just want realism and as a gamer there is nothing more annoying tha ‘Immortal’ children/characters.

I work with children, love all those I look after; I am also an historical re-enactor with a couple of groups and am involved in re-enacting historical events and Medieval life from the 1000’s-1500’s, so I know that as horendouse as it was, unfotunatly children where not always spared and shown mercy in times of war, you only have to look at what happened during the Border Wars, The Wars of the Roses and The Peasent Revolt to see that whole familys and villages where wipped out by soilders just as offten as disease.

1 Like