Will there be ...children?

Sorry mate. I could not resist to make this joke.

Ok, let’s leave it at that. I’d rather talk about the game.

I’m pretty sure that’s already planned.

Warhose want have game as realistic as possible. If they’ll find out that mortal childs would cause panic reaction and banning game in some countries you can expect children to be immortal. Othervise you’ll be able to kill child like everyone else and face consequences.

I don’t see point in this discusion. I think we can only expect Warhorse to do their best and wait how it will turn out.

If they were to go with reality as the governor of development, they would have to include that women were often married off as young as 12-14. And if one aged to 16 without having had any suitors, she would sometimes develop a stigma about her, making it even harder for her to find a husband.

I am completely open to having my historical knowledge corrected.

What this guy says. Totally right.

Average number of children in 14th century was 5-8, although only 50% reached 15 years. So, if game wants to be his torically accurate, there should be many small children in the village houses and streets, or anywhere, where couples and family lived. Children were probably dressed like adults / here is Brueghel’s painting of playing children (16th century). http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder_-Children’s_Games(detail)_-_WGA3346.jpg

"Childhood ended early for children in the Middle Ages. In upper class families girls married as young as 12 and boys as young as 14. They did not normally choose their own marriage partners. Their parents arranged their marriages for them. Children from poor families might have more choice about who they married but by the time they were about 7 or 8 they had to start helping their parents by doing simple jobs such as chasing away birds when crops had been sown or helping to weave wool. Children were expected to help the family earn a living as soon as they were able."
http://www.localhistories.org/middle.html

2 Likes

what? marriage (what leads to sex) under 18? this game gets banned! :slight_smile:
seriously, you cant make a game perfectly realistic. that would lead the game to be banned in all countries since some law is always broken.

immortal children would lead to some irritating scenes… imagine a burned down village with dead mothers lying around and their still living babies crouching around… that’s sick. not that dead ones would be better…
in some cases there has to be a cut. of course it comes to the cost of realism, but so what?

In the end. Modders will add for us the realism we desire anyways; to whatever extent it is that we individually desire. It is for that reason I say to Warhorse, make the game as is needed to be able to distribute it in as many countries as you aim to release it in.

exactly, eventually someone will mod it into the game and everyone will have the choice of how they want their cookie

daaaaaaaaaaam HAHAHA someone had a post what is the first thing you are going to do in the game (Little early) I SAID do a big POO infront of guards :smiley:

I think Killable Children was one of the first mods to Skyrim. I will probably get such a mod for this, it should not be put in the game by the developers for many reasons. Trust me, I’m no psychopath that wants to murder little kids, but if this is a generic world and let’s say bandits raid a village, it would be kind of immersion breaking to find 5 kids standing around the ashes like “Sup”

Lets just make 2 versions one polished without controversy and second which will change users name on steam - ¨ultra masochist childkilling boobs loving pig" which will have all that mumbojumbo people doscussing on forums. I bet most people will take second one… i would be one of them :smile:

I honestly wish their was kill-able children, just for realism. The rating system should not be present on PC games, censor it on consoles all you want, but the internet should be free.

It’s funny how the rating system does not care about Minecraft, even though you can KILL EVERYTHING. Including villager children. Why is THAT not censored? because the graphics are unrealistic and the Testificate (villager) kids are ugly? It doesn’t make sense. I’ve always been against the ESRB and other rating systems that are in desperate need of revision.

I understand why the devs won’t add it, because the rating system would flag it. I get it.

i guess i’ll just have to get mods for that.

Hope the ESRB and everyone else get’s there act together.

1 Like

ESRB isn’t censorship… ESRB is actually very usefull thing for parents and even for gamers (not everyone likes blood, gore, strong language, drugs using etc). ESRB may have some side effects, but games are being forbidden only because of goverments and censored by developers and publishers.

Homosexuality in Medieval Central Europe, ruled by Catholics?
If there were gays back then and somebody found out about their “activities”, they would have been tortured and/or killed on the spot or maybe after a Church trial. As you may know homosexuality/sodomy is a great sin according to the Holy Bible.
Nudity should be present, but not on the streets in your face as those silly regular RPGs show it. If the player can arrange sex with a girl, then let the game show some nudity. Else, better not. In Medieval times people dresses with layers of clothing so not a chance someone go around naked, except he is crazy and ready to face consequences.
Another important topic - if Warhorse make the wrong decision of putting children into the game, they should make them available for kill and loot just like any regular NPC. Sorry, but no other way. Tired of spoiled brats, a human is a human no matter if is he is big or small, black or white, young or old. If player is given the ability to kill and loot grown-up humans, he should be able to kill and loot kids as well. But IMHO better go without children - they have no real, practical place in a game like this.

ALSO, what is this whole bragging and wanting children characters from some of you?! Why exactly you want a children 3D model to exist in the programming code if it would only spoil this nice game? What is the exact need of a children NPC, which will only spoil the gameplay because of all that bureaucratic crap which does not allow you to play you game as you see fit? This is supposed to be a virtual game. What are we talking about here for real? It is “so bad” to slash some smaller (childish) 3D model instead of a bigger one? Using a virtual polygonal weapon and this resulting in a pre-scripted death animation? Is this far too immoral for US of A? And all the other sane people on planet Earth should fall down to their level of judgement and accept their mistaken propaganda? But when they impose “democracy” in REAL LIFE and their bombs kill innocent civilians (children included), then what? Just shut out eyes and pretend this never happened. I will tell you what - if this has to happen somewhere, it better happen in a computer game rather than in real life!
We Europeans are not obliged to follow stupid American rules, so to hell with them. If Warhorse is scared of PEGY or ESRB banning Deliverance, then why they just do not leave children characters out of their beautiful game and begone with this silly matter once and for all?! All you people, who nonetheless require childish models to make your game world “richer”, maybe you are in the wrong place here. Deliverance as many see it maybe isn’t suitable for your taste. Just switch to Bethesda typical RPGs list and pick your choice. Then play what you desire there - it suits you better!

Sorry if someone got insulted - no offense meant, but I’m angry because I see where this is all going… another wonderful European project being blackmailed because of false pretended reasons.

Simple answer: Immersion. But seriously, why all the hate. Quit trolling.

I want children in the game because I want to be immersed in the game. People made babies in medieval times, lots of them. And I agree, those children should be kill-able, but because I want more people across more countries to play this game, I am all for those children not being kill-able in the final release of the game; as that would have it banned likely in many countries. I will leave it to mods to make the children kill-able etc., should I find the lack there of to be immersion breaking.

3 Likes

A lot of games don’t have any children in them, like GTA and Saints Row, and those are both great franchises, in my opinion. In one game I played some of the NPCs say something like ‘has anyone seen my children?’ which seems like a humourous comment on the absence of children in the game. I wouldn’t mind if there were children and they couldn’t be killed and I wouldn’t mind if there are no children at all. The only game where I’ve actually wanted there to be children is the Sims series.

1 Like

Are you serious? So much trying to solve this “problem”? This is absolutely ridiculous!

I think this would be problem, if you are forced to kill children by quest (but even this should be possible for adult games - hard decisions, more sides of actions and consequences).
If this could cause game to be banned, what about fly simulators where you can crash into houses or even schools. Ban Second Life where you can do whatever your twisted soul desires. And real-life should be banned too - there is also possibility to kill children! :slight_smile:

This is not about what is possible (in ultimate game should be everything possible) it’s about what person chooses to do (if game doesn’t force you). If this trifle causes so much troubles, then we are living in even darker ages for morality then hero of this game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to have children in the game because they bring live and immersion.
Yes, it was reality, that children were killed in the past (it’s still reality nowadays) and it’s true, that a single live was nearly worthless in that days unless it was a high-Born. For me it would be the same, if children would be killable in the game. I don’t see a difference between killing a innocent man or woman or child. If there is a neccessarity to kill, you have to do it. In a game you normally kill, if your playing character is forced to. If you just kill for fun, because it’s only a game and not real, then there isn’t also any difference in killing man, woman, children.
But nowadays we have a difference. In time of political correctness many People see a difference. And sometime they are the one, who are mighty enough to forbid selling of a game. therefore, to avoid to be banned, the children in the game shouldn’t be killable.
For this game we shouldn’t be to realistic.

2 Likes

I think this is an easy to solve :slight_smile: Either they want to be realistic and allow children to be killed, which honnestly was part of those times, so it is acurate. Second possible way, if they want to be so called morale, they can simply trick the player by blocking the action of attack when targeting a child, the hero can even say something like: I’m not a child murderer… or something like that. It is understandable and can;t harm the game, even if you play it the way of good or bad, averyone shoudl have some moral standards…