Xbox day one patch

This Releasepolitic is just redicuslous.
No Statement, No answer.
Next time i think twice when i order a Game…

the worstest thing is that warhorse/deepsilver won’t even know when the patch will be approved by microsoft…
maybe today, tomorrow or in one week…

meanwhile this is a really annoying and dumb beginner mistake!

1 Like

So basicly this is not a release day for us xboners. Quite a letdown.

Well, it is a sad release day … We can play, but be prepared to play 3 months old version of the game … and be prepared to play again after the patch.

@DTMDerrick Btw. can you please change the name of the topic to “Xbox one day one patch”? X1X patch is a bit misleading

Of course we can compare the consoles, as both has similar architecture.
Anyway

Yes, I have read it on twitter.

Now I’m curious how the game changes after the patch because even without the patch the game so far seems to me very good.

You probably have the patch already. On the consoles it appears that the patch 1.02 is actually called 1.1

No. The game at the moment weights 25GB. With day one patch it should be more than 45GB (as confirmed by developer).

1 Like

I dont blame WH nor Deepsilver its up to Microsoft at this point really,
Big devs can get this patches out in a shorter time due to connections and whatnot…

When will it come out ?? Really xbox users can’t play the game on release what is this ?

Up to microsoft to approve I guess .

You got proof for this? Because I call it BS

Do I have a proof that Microsoft is fast approving gamed from checked and well known devs like EA, Rockstar etc…? Eem do I need a proof for that…? Do you think Microsoft employes hesrd of WH ? And if they did its most likely just via some videos or whatnot, so they will certanly take the approval process longer.

1 Like

No. The patch files REPLACE the old game files. They are not added to them. At least most of them. When I was downloading the entire game, the download itself had 31 GB on PC, that was with day 1 patch included.

1 Like

This is exactly what I thought but…

Additional 24 GB to download, not to store on your disk. Somewhere was a post explaining that their game files are packed in 2 GB containers and if something in that container changes, the entire container has to be redownloaded and replaced.

Of course. If you put out a statement you better have proof to back it up. If we do not need proof for statements, we will be all Trump. Also without proof your statement is worth nothing.

Btw Microsoft needs 5 to 7 days for the veryfication process. No matter if you are Digital Extremes, EA or anyone. Microsoft even rejected a patch from take2 for homefront back in the day.

1 Like

I can confirm this as I also got this information from another game studio in the past. Microsoft also has very strict procedures.

and if the patch will be rejected the whole procedure will start again from the beginning…

Reading various sources I think that situation is:

The 24GB patch with version 1.0.0.108 is the day one patch
According to Polygon “As long as you see Version 1.1 (or higher) in the lower left of the title screen after launching, and NOT Version 1.01, the day one patch is installed.”

Steam has already a new patch. On Xbox it will be 1.0.0.118 (probably currently submitted to Microsoft).

In the next weeks we can expect a third patch.

1 Like

I guess the console day 1 patvh is gonna come out soon sоооо not much we cam do