Combat becomes trivially easy by mid-game. This MUST be fixed

Then it should be assumed you can’t make a story like this about a nobody, because a real person can’t survive the fictional “heroes journey”. And it sure seems like Henry is on the “heroes journey”. You all want it to be realistic? Like I said. The story should end at the fight with Runt with Henry dying a miserable and realistic death. Because he’d never have gained the skills to win. Not even with a year of training. Runt had killers and mercenaries/hard men following him for fucks sake. Henry would never win and the games story would go no where.

Stats taking longer to level I understand. But quit spouting this realism nonsense. No game will ever be realistic. It’s a video game. I don’t care what the developers claim. I knew from the lock on this wouldn’t be realistic, but it’s far more immersive than skyrim is in that at least fights some what look like fights and not utter retarded madness. You have to mod sky rim just so the characters don’t hold their weapons like morons.

1 Like

Agreed.

I really hope WH addresses this issue instead of us waiting for moding tools and have to wait for a modder to fix it.

One of the most charming aspects of this game was the difficulty in the beginning, but that charm slowly went away.

I killed a knight that challenged me to a duel on accident a few times – both of them was very well equipped, One of them had a full plate helm as well. One shot to the head piece, and he died on the spot… Lol.

My character is so strong that I even break through parries and stagger opponents unless they get a perfect block.

Lastly… If you’re killing opponents that easily even well armored ones, it’s a shame and it’s counter-intuitive to have extremely difficult combos that require successful attacks for as higher level perks and never get to use them most enemies will die before you land 4 successful strikes.

Send feedback to support@kingdomcomerpg.com

7 Likes

Yeah the game wasn’t difficult in the beginning. The combos are child’s play to a basic Tekken combo. What are you people talking about lmao. Complex and difficult combos? Where the hell are those at? You mean where you may have to move the stick in five directions and hit between two attack buttons? Do you people actually play competitive games in the first place?

1 Like

Good luck doing a 4 sequence combo without killing your opponent first for them counter parrying one of the strikes.

Counter Blocks need to be harder to achieve for NPCs and players because it’s too easy and too broken, and armor needs to be reworked.

Makes no sense to kill a plated knight in 3 strikes with a Longsword, it should take way more.

5 Likes

I’ve never had a combo countered after a riposte. Of course riposte is only one button press away. And I can even riposte counters to my regular attacks if the AI decides to just stand there and stare at me.

And in the real world soldiers especially men at arms didn’t beat on each other’s armor till the armor disappeared. They attacked weak points and grappled and clinched to strike weak points. You can’t even perform basic harness grappling. You people basically want meat shields who need to be hit a million times for an artificial sense of difficulty.

1 Like

Killing is way too easy the map holds no fear and needs fixing, like Hunters in The Division! I’m still really weak but I’m doing the M&B trick and riding/kiting and killing with a good bow and making thousands, I know I’m spoiling the game for myself…

I agree… They went for weak points.

But explain to me how 1 single blow to the head in a full plated helm from Longsword should kill a guy?

I don’t want meat shields. I want realism. Killing people in one attack when they are in full armor is not realistic. Killing a lightly armored bandit I have no issue with because it makes sense.

Also whats the point in having 4 strike combo sequences if you can never use them because even highly armored enemies will be dead before you can successful land them all. That is counter-intuitive.

2 Likes

No offense pal but go put on a helmet with padding and a coif and let some one hit you in the head with a long sword. I bet the concussive force sits you on your ass if it doesn’t down right drop you. I’ve been hit with a pugil stick wearing a football helmet in basic training. A foam fucking pugil and I sure felt it when he hit me in the damn head. A trained guy knows where armor is meant to deflect a blow and where he can land concussive damage no matter the weapon. I’m not saying it should kill anyone. But in all reality most fights went to the ground between guys on foot in full harness and that is a non factor in this game.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t hurt but it is insta killing people and it’s comedic at this point.

All my attacks break through blocks because my attack is so high, and all my attacks cleave through well armored knights with reckless abandoned. NPCs literally have no chance when fighting me, no challenge at all.

Since when did Henry son of Blacksmith become Gregor Clegane the Mountain? I can fight 20 guys at once and still kill them all – how is that realistic??

Defense needs to be improved, the AI needs to be improved, and specific weapon types should be more or less effective against certain armor types.

4 Likes

You raised your stats dude. How does Henry get his ass whipped as a nobody. Train in the basics and magically beat Runt a guy who killers and mercenaries are willing to follow? Because it’s a video game. I keep telling you in the real world Henry would die like a pig and could never bridge that gap. Instead they send him to take on whole bandit camps and cut their ears off like he is Jamie Lannister. The game constantly has him in fights he’d die quickly from in the real world. If those bandits with the dice after the monastery mission really decided to kill Henry the guy behind Henry would have smashed his skull before Henry stood up. Yet in the game you can stand up and fight them all off.

About the concussive damage. It wasn’t so much that the blow hurt. I felt no pain. What happened is my brain shook from the blow in my skull and that’s where the damage was. Which is why I had to take a knee cause my legs went out like a boxers.

The mid game is so broken i’m level 15. I went to Talmberg and rattay killing everyone just for fun. I killed every NPC that can be killed. even with guards spawning all over the place. I had at one point 7 guards on me in full armor and drop them all in one to three hits each. I ran around for an hour killing every possible person without dying once. Yeah combat is broken after the beginning. Henry the average man should not be able to sack a city by himself.

3 Likes

At level 15 my combat stats were well over the half way mark and I bet yours are too. It only goes to 20. I’m not even level 20 and I got defense, warfare, sword at 20. If you focus on combat it is going to level up combat.

Sounds to me as though the entire problem could be handled by simply reducing the pace at which levels are gained.

Yes thank you! You’re the only other person who suggested this.

This would probably make even more people complain and cry about how the main quest/various other things are impossible (because they didnt do any training/leveling).

1 Like

I agree, something needs to be done to provide worthy late/end game opponents. Scaling NPC level to suit the player would be the worst possible solution. It goes against everything that makes this game great, and woukd result in a bland game with a flat difficulty curve, like skyrim. Instead of having NPCs get better over time, which isn’t particularly logical, realistic, immersive or fun, the game should instead have some late game content that activates like a quest once the main story has been finished. I.e. Peace has been restored and the growing economy allows for guards to afford better equipment, unemployed mercenaries become bandits, meaning all of a sudden the game has a bunch of far better equipped and skilled bandits late game. Finally, and this is what i would like to see most - 2-3 random/dynamic locations on map held by ‘knights’ clad in full plate, and all the best equipment, the lore could be they are returning from the war, and working as mercenaries/hired guards by local towns on their way back. They could be attacked by the player as a late game fun opponent, and the AI could be set so that they move to support the nearest town if the player alerts the guard and their reputation is low enough. Just a few things off the top of my head. Point being there are hundreds of approaches that don’t involve the utterly boring, game destroying level scaling offered by other rpgs.

1 Like

And that’s probably why we are where we are. Stuck somewhere in the middle of no mans land. If you had to earn it more it would appease you and make others unhappy if it’s too easy it makes you unhappy so they tried to find a middle ground.

I don’t think what we currently have is a middle ground, it’s just a bit incomplete. The devs have always stuck to their vision. But they do have limited time, money and resources. They did a great job witg with what they had, but there is much work left to be done, and they absolutely know this. I have faith they will stick to their guns. It’s important to remember that mod teams are the ones to ask to make the game easier, or more like ‘insert popular game here’. The devs are responsible for improving the game in line with their existing vision. Mods are the place to look if you want a different game experience altogether.

1 Like

I sent some feedback to support regarding leveling.

I don’t think it should be possible to gain levels training with Bernard after the initial training quest you have with him.

You can sit in the sword arena and train with Bernard and gain levels without any risk involved, this should be removed completely, after he teaches you the basics and after you have your duel with Hans no more leveling during training should happen.

The problem is that you get to a certain point rather quickly where you just start snowballing. I don’t think this was intentional by the Devs.

Some perk combinations also turn Henry into Gregor Clegane. Brute, Savage, and Heavy Swing combined together pretty much makes it impossible to block Henry’s strikes unless it’s a perfect block. Any regular blocks staggers opponents. I’m not exactly sure how the Defense mechanic works on weapons but from what I gathered if your damage exceeds their defense on weapon and I guess their Defense Skill Stat if they try and do a normal block, it staggers them and they take some damage. This is pretty busted when you have 130 slash damage – literally nothing can absorb that block.

I’m actually making a new Combat character and deliberately gimping myself like taking perks that decrease strength. If I still get snow bally even when I’m intentionally gimping myself, I know the progression mechanics and AI strength is flawed.

2 Likes

This is a good idea. Right now the difficulty curve starts steep and then levels off quickly. It makes sense that it would get easier as you get better (even though this goes against gaming convention and is a little bit difficult for many people to accept), but perhaps not as easy as it currently is.