Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

I purchased the game after 1.8.1 was released, so I’m not sure if this is correct.

I’m in the siege mission, and until the last update of the weekend of February 9-10 , the game had been perfect. Now, with this last update, when I load the game, more or less to the firts minute of playing, the game is going to the desktop of xbox one. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but it’s the same. Also, although it matters less, it takes much longer to “load the file.”

29 hours for me

This is actually probably related to the save file size instead of the play time. Since the size grows the more things have to be recorded in your world. I assume something gets corrupted along the way, or there’s some memory leak included after a certain threshold.

1 Like

Same problem here,
currently doing “all that glisters” and the Hans Capon DLC quest. The game crashes faster (Instant, when loading - 5 min) when I’m near the Robber Hideout of the DLC or the brigand camp near it. When loading older savegames, it takes longer ( 10 - 15min) to crash.
Next bug ist, that I can not buy anything from the Prybislawitz archery-dude, just the bow contest in the dialogue options.
Last but not least: I can’t do the Sasau butcher’s activity, although he has the activity-marker on the map.

I tried to delete the old savegames files, but nothing changed.

Anyway, i tried to play for 2 mins, before another crash, i was able to save to another city in the game. Now the game crashes right about when the game finish the loading. Seems like there is a “background timing” and when expires the game just crashes, doesn’t matter what you try to do -.-

Can we have an update from developers on this issue please. This is a game breaking bug as cannot play due to the game consistently crashing to desktop.

Only response on the matter I have found.

devResponse

4 Likes

Yes same problem as you describe, crashes randomly anywhere, anytime. On PC, started happening after 8th Feb, had played on hardcore with no issues whatsoever till that date. Now unplayable.

I received this response to my bug report:

"Hi,

thank you for letting us know, we are working on fix,

QA Team
Warhorse studios s.r.o."

Hopefully they can find out what’s going on and issue a hotfix soon.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

we are really working on fix. Just to speed up the process, can you send me a PM with a save file, where the game crashes after awhile? We will look at everyone one of them, just to be sure.

Thank you all!

5 Likes

Tried sending you a PM with a save file
got this:

I’ve also sent an email to support email(support@kingdomcomerpg.com) on Sat, so if it came through - you should have it.

EDIT: And thank you for looking into it, hope it’s resolved soon. Really loving this game so far, but this issue is a deal breaker, I don’t think I’ll restart for the 4th time

I did. Thanks.

same, can’t send. not sure what is a good site to upload it too either. also sent an email with save attached.

Extension of save file is whs, maybe you are trying to send a different file?
Save files are here:
Local Disk (C:)\Users<your account name>\Saved Games\kingdomcome\saves

Yeah, definitely sending a whs file
one of these:
‘whs’ is not in the list of authorized extensions for me, according to the message I get when I try to upload it. I’ve only created forum account on Saturday, can that be related?

1 Like

OK, that’s strange. I will send you a PM.

https://i.gyazo.com/e80529efd79225a9e5704edbcfedfd08.mp4 here’s a video of it

For those who can’t send the save file, can you try to send the save file to support@kingdomcomerpg.com and let me know the ticket number in PM?

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Markst arrives and suddenly my faith in Warhorse is restored.

Jesus Christ Be Praised!

2 Likes

How long, do you guys think, will it take to fix this issue?

1 Like