E3 News material

Was thinking the same in the beginning, but then I thought F…ck the trailer! We got an alpha, we got a Beta… the guys are focused on development and the production is moving forward. I think this is more important. I agree in terms of PR and marketing the “whoaa” effect for people not knowing KCD is best delivered with an epic trailer /teaser. But what are the priorities here :wink:

I agree but you know… :smiley: I was hyped for that

I know, I know :wink:

Meh, it was really a dissapointment. It is not surprising that not a single relevant gamesite wrote about KC:D.

4 Likes

Any information about Linux/Mac Version?

2 Likes

There is allot of topics still unaddressed that many inquiries have been made about over the last few months, all of which we all got the response “E3 we will have more info”.

Beta update plans - any at all?

How are they going to deal with AI and its strain on performance?

Wheres the smithing? (we have had minor glimpse with images but no discussion on development)

What issues are causing the delay? (partially discussed but we already knew about publisher issues)

Are pole arms still being worked on or are they on the back burner again?

There are other topics, these are just the ones I can recall straight of the top of my head.

I’m glad they showed the things the team has been working on but it was all content we already knew was being developed and in some cases already seen work on them in previous video updates, we just got to see a more finalized version.

Its all been for show to sell the game, nothing to inform the backers who have already been supporting for a few years now.

Im not saying we need a daily play by play or monthly updates and video updates, but at least address these topics once formally.

There used to be allot more transparency on the development of the game, and more details given to backers more often. We know some content you want to be a surprise but there’s allot of details that could be shared/discussed without spoiling content and would appease the core audience which is showing more and more dissent.

The icing on the cake that really is starting to upset people is all the info from E3 was shared via third party presenters, not even the demo WH displayed at E3 was uploaded to their YT.

20 Likes

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=538mVlF46Kw

It looks like global illumination is disabled?

It is shaping up as a real eye candy. Well done, guys, well done.

1 Like

Hm, to me it looks like it’s enabled, and it’s looking great. It is quite clear at: 7:00-05, 8:07, 11:00. Any particular part where you think it looks like it’s disabled?

I have to agree with you. While I can see the value of sharing some “exclusive” info with game reporters so that they have a stronger motivation to write an article about the game, there really was no (new) info at E3 as far as I can tell :frowning: . Maybe it’s coming in one of these “exclusive” articles?

That said, the new location showed in the presentation looks amazing. Unfortunately, we already know that the game looks amazing (from alpha and beta) so there is not much worry that WH won’t deliver here. I would like to hear updates on the other concerns that are more uncertain, like AI system, beta updates, polishing combat…

6 Likes

Im sure there will be a new trailer in August for the Gamescom… maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt it, considering they are not even sure whether they will have a public booth there.

2 Likes

This would be nice, however it entirely neglects the fact that there have been several topics inquired about for a few months and the response given was “E3 we will have more info”.

Some of the topics could be addressed more simply then others, no one is asking for a huge presentation or bad ass cinematic trailer (essentially what we already got at E3).

Im just glad to see im not alone on this issue, it speaks volumes that my post is the most liked post in the thread.

1 Like

nothing official, but I can give a little insight.

1- nope, not at the moment. this may change as the year progresses

2- No idea

3- I’m pretty sure it’s still needing some polishing, so we’ll probs see it in a solid state and not just a halfway showcase.

4- I think a factor is the ports, and also the game isn’t quite finished (a release in august would have the game completed right now and it would be some bug fixes and post production ie advertisement etc)

5- yes, they are still being worked on.

I honestly can’t tell you guys anything else, there are a few details that I was able to catch during my visit, but I feel like I wouldn’t be allowed to reveal just yet. There is a reason I have been vague. and I’m pretty sure Tobi doesn’t mind me telling you guys what I have to keep morale high.

It is looking amazing, and I hope the keep striding in the right direction. they need the extra time so they can make this the best god damn medieval game out there.

Keep trucking folks, Stalli out :wink:

4 Likes

Im 100% sure they wont let the biggest European Game event out :wink: Despite what they are saying!

Yea, I’m with ya man. Was pretty disappointed as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the new material we’ve seen through those third parties has looked really promising. But what get’s me, is still the ongoing silent treatment around the issues that we were indirectly told would be addressed at or around E3.

The biggest ones from my perspective (that you haven’t specifically called out) are around generic Beta updates;

1. Fully functioning and consistent / stable save states
2. Optimised skip time function
3. Combat System refinement
4. Crime System AI improvements and optimisation
5. General bug fixes

I think these (or a portion of the above) at the very least need to be addressed. I haven’t played the beta in months, mainly in part due to a combination of the above. It’s not an enjoyable experience, because the effort at present is simply wasted.

:expressionless:

8 Likes

Yes decided to help fund the game and test it, enjoying the beta, told my friend to look out for it at E3…bust haha. Oh well I will try and get him over to see the beta.

1 Like

It’s really nice that Warhorse is reassuring us, and addressing our concerns with complete silence. Us getting no info at E3 despite months of promises is a giant middle finger to the community.

8 Likes

I am on it, we had a meeting about this topic today. Unfortunately we can´t answer all questions as we don´t have all the answers yet. But we are preparing something :slight_smile:

12 Likes

You are right as always! :slight_smile: