Small features that could definitely make a huge difference

Great! when are you sending me the $1500 US for my next computer that I don’t have the money for?

3 Likes

@longshot300mag
If gaming is too expensive for you, you should search for another hobby.
And as I said: lower the graphics and it would run on a 4-core CPU.

2 Likes

Elitist speak

2 Likes

the reqs on the package/advert should be sufficient for better than sub-standard performance. rampant popins, chronic stutter, and fps hits that impact gameplay all qualify as sub-standard

It would be better rain effects for me. The rain is terrible

2 Likes

Agreed!

Plus: Apples Everywhere, But No Apple Trees. Why? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just a small sidenote) It’s not about one’s hardware, it’s all about Cryengine. Wrong choice right at the start indeed.

1 Like

These are just my thoughts, and quickly:
How I see:

STALKER vs KCD

• Does not really RPG game (both) /Fallout 4; Skyrim, etc…)
  • Small Developing Group (both)
  • Very bad optimization (both)
  • Wrong Engine (, but GSC X-Ray was their engine)

But, STALKER the most atmospheric game, till now. 1st place on my list.
KCD has lot’s of the issue, but the main problem not with the engine or optimization.
Realism approx = Eat, Sleep, Wash, go to the toilet. (almost nothing RPG element) And sophisticated minigame (lockpick, pickpocket :o )

@kranazoli
The size of the developing group has nothing to do with the quality of a game. In fact the best games were made by a very small group. And the most atmospheric game is Gothic, but it also could be Penumbra, Amnesia, SOMA, Silent Hill, Scratches, and some others …

Like KCD…
I have played every Gothic part and every Stalker part… and in the end… KCD is good enough in this comparison… :slight_smile:
All this games are not “perfect”, but they have a heart and soul,… they are fun to play,… never regret a second…

At some point, it’d be nice to know where line in sand is for WH relative to further KCD enhancements beyond DLC

1 Like

Cart traffic -> Good idea

Tavern interactions-> Ordering a pint, arm wrestling would be nice ; the latter should be doable since you do it against the priest during the quest mysterious ways. Minstrels would probably play only at the noble’s court ; music instruments were probably rare.

Proper horseback riding mechanics->Fighting from horseback is doable, but should only be “easy” for a very skilled Henry. Our hero is a son of blacksmith at the beginning. I disagree to make it criminal offense to gallop through a city ; it makes no sense since you see one doing it after you forge a sword with your dad and was probably done in 1403.

That was a messenger with some really really bad news.

I’m sure everyday gallopping at full speed through narrow streets in a small town would be heavily frowned upon.

Not to mention this fascination with gallopping.
In real life back then (as it should be now) a horse was valuable. If you gallop too much for too long on unlevel ground the poor horse will end up dead - and you with it, if fate is in any way just.

Only people with no horse skills believe the movies where they gallop for many miles to evade or catch up.
In reality it would be more like three miles before it becomes severely exhausted. And that is a really good horse.
Same horse at a trot is perhaps 15-20 miles, but not without a walk break once in a while.

Wife ran a ride centre some years back. If you gallopped constantly and/or was a menace to others, you would be told not to come back, and your name would be dropped in conversations with other ride centres.

4 Likes

You still see one doing it after you forge a sword with your dad. It’s a fact. Warhorse show it to you. It is possible and makes sense.
As long as you don’t kill people, it doesn’t makes sense to arrest somebody galloping in a city. If you kill people while galloping, you are arrested. So the dev did think about it.

“My mistake”! I mean game, I know.
If a game not FPS view, I skip it. Maybe one was Splinter Cell.

Even Witcher 3, for all it’s greatness, forbid galloping in

WH should do the same, as it would also help with pop in issues :wink:

2 Likes

@kranazoli
If you skip a game because it has not FPS view, then you will only experience one half of the best games ever made. I would call “Gothic” to be a perfect game and a perfect experience. There is no other game that can reach such a perfect state. Some games only work in third person like “Tomb Raider”, “The Witcher” and most of RPGs. And there are games that only work in first person. But to skip something just because of a camera view is like skip movies because they are black and white. And it’s a fact that a lot of the best movies ever made are in black and white. Enlarge your horizon. Start playing games that are not only FPS and get new masterpieces. “Gothic” is the top of cream in every single aspect.

yup. A horse is not a car or a truck. Try running as fast as you can for as long as you are goaded to and see how well you hold up.

Yes, you are right! And that’s what I want.
Now, I am not playing at all. Still, hasn’t started KC:D (just experience) and the “try to skip over Beta version”. I can wait, because still the biggest problem with WH, didn’t open the towards modding community. (Tool)

I’d rather play STALKER 100x again and again. I got to use play non-stop, game after game. Now, maybe Fallout 4 which I am interested in.

1 Like

Play “ELEX” then. Some people compare it to Fallout, bit it’s better.