Still waiting for my key/release

Jup, I wish I could have medieval feelings this Weekend, too…

Well, the feeling of wanting to go medieval on someone’s ass will have to do for us it seems :wink:

Yawn!!! Already weekend? ^^

Unfortunately.

Bringing this up again.

Soldier-backer no 16.232 is still without game. :frowning:

@Kinto345, you asked for a refund a while ago and got your money back. Thats why there is no key.

@Wehomir, you used a different email on kickstarter. Found you pledge and linked it to your profile. Please take a look, it is fixed now.

@Roesti,

I worte a PM to you, problem solved

Woohooo, you saved my weekend. Böhmen ich komme! Thanks!

@Redoste You have a second profile, “funchal” your pledge is in this profile.

Yay!! Thank you so freaking much! The Installation is in Progress!

Das wird großartig :smiley:

Very common issue, I see this quite often.
Could have been fixed a while ago already… to everyone: please check, if you might used a different email during our kickstarter campaign a while ago, and if you maybe even have another old accound on our website www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards with this email, many people will find their pledge in this profile.

If you have a problem, please contact info@warhorsestudios.cz so we will know which problems are already solved and which ones are still open. Working for hours on already resolved topics makes it very difficult to get to the people who still need help. Tell us about your username and useremail. If you are aware that you used a differnt email during our Kickstarter campaign than in the profile, either create a new profile with this email, if it is still acitve, or tell us about the email, so we can link your Pledge to your profile. Investigations are very time instensive, and we have to resolve thousands of problems one by one.

1 Like

@elstormo I don´t see exactly what the problem is in your case? Didn´t you receive your package? Do you have problems to install the game? What exactly is the issue please?

@mgibson

Hello, I took a look into your issue, and send you your tracking number and the Steam key as a PM, both should have been in your profile on www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards for a while ago, where exactly is the issue please?

@doctoren

Hello, I took a look into your issue, and send you your tracking number and the Steam key as a PM, both should have been in your profile on www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards for a while ago, where exactly is the issue please?

@sirsteven You should have a login in your profile on www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/backer-rewards for your Steam access. USername sirsteven, please take a look.

@DrFusselpulli: Have the same issue, too. Support is not answering or helping at all.

Same E-Mail address on Kickstarter and your website. Unfortunately it does not even show my badge in the forums.

Could you please help me? Help ticket ID: 9149; Username: wenga

Thank you.

Hello @kami,

I took a look into your profile, and can´t find a tracking number. You have a Physical version, are you still waiting for your package? I wll take a look into this issue and will get in contact with our logistics partner DHL about the issue in this case. Unfortunately, this is a bit more complicated here. Sorry.

@wenga yes, resolved. You used a different email during our Kickstarter campaign. Your pledge is now linked to your profile.

@DrFusselpulli: Thank you very much! Still can’t link it with Steam, though. So it’s not fixed yet.